covid-19 return to cycling - april1, 2021
Ontario and Quebec's restrictions regarding COVID-19 change frequently.
Within these restrictions, KNBC is planning to run with a limited schedule. Please read carefully below, the procedures and requirements we are following:
- All rides are limited to 5 persons per ride. This is a compromise to follow provincial guidelines, keep the peloton manageable and allow maximum participation. Each ride will have a Tour Leader and maximum of 4 registrants.
- All riders must have an active KNBC 2021 membership.
- Registration opens 14 days before the ride and is available up to the day of the ride. If you register the day of, we ask that you give the tour leader at least 90 minutes notice on local rides, and 3 hours on remote starts. Cancellations can be made at any time.
- Registration requires an acknowledgement of the COVID-19 Day Tour Policy.
- Given the restriction in riders, we are not able to accommodate guest riders at this time.
- A waitlist will be maintained for the rides. You will only be able to waitlist 1 ride per day.
- Starting points for rides will be physically and chronologically distanced (see example below).
- Destinations for different ride levels will be different.
- All riders are advised to:
- bring a lunch as restaurants are not generally open.
- bring adequate water since most of our normal refill locations are closed.
- assume washroom facilities will be closed.
- practice physical distancing while parking and getting setup. e.g. leave an empty parking space between vehicles when arriving.
- maintain physical distancing at all times during the ride. At least 2 metres while stopped, and preferably more while riding to prevent accidental encroachment.
- maintain physical distancing during breaks and while having lunch.
- ride single file only. You cannot maintain a proper physical distance while riding double. (Quebec has mandated single file only)
- bring hand sanitizer and a mask (PPE). To be used in case of mechanical breakdowns or first aid emergencies. Masks should also be used where physical distancing is not possible, e.g visiting stores.
- KNBC rides must comply with provincial COVID-19 restrictions. You must NOT attend a ride if:
- You have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You have traveled outside the country in the last 14 days.
- You have been in contact with someone testing positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You have not registered for the ride - you will be turned away.
Any person not following these guidelines will not be allowed to proceed on the ride.
Contact the club President if you have any questions - president(at)knbc.ca