I understand and agree that my participation in events, programs, races, or activities organized, operated, conducted and/or sanctioned by the Kanata-Nepean Bicycle Club is conditional upon my acknowledgment of this document.
1. I am aware that cycling, and in particular competitive cycling, endurance and BMX racing, involves the possibility of injury or death.
2. I accept these risks, and all others arising from these events and programs, even if arising from the negligence, gross negligence or negligent rescue by those associated in any way with the Kanata-Nepean Bicycle Club events and programs I may be involved in, the venues at which these events and programs takes place or by those organizing, officiating, or participating in these events and programs throughout the year, including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, servants, volunteers and representatives (the “Releasees”).
3. I understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY PERSONAL SAFETY REMAINS WITH ME, including my physical and emotional preparation and fitness to participate in all events and programs throughout the year.
4. I undertake and agree to remove myself from participation if I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition, or if, at any time, at any event or program, I feel unable or unfit to safely continue for any reason.
5. I give, a FULL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have, or may have in the future, against Kanata-Nepean Bicycle Club, and all other Releasees from all liability for any loss damage, injury or expense that I may suffer as a result of my participation in any part or parts of the events or programs or my presence at any venue at which they may take place, due to any cause whatsoever including the forms of negligence set forth in paragraph 2 above or from any breach of contract or statutory duty or other duty of care including any duty of care owed under the relevant Occupier’s Liability Act, on the part of the Releasees.
6. I AGREE NOT TO SUE and I further agree TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS the Releasees from all expenses, fees, liability or damage award or cost of any type whatsoever arising from my participation in these events or programs.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. I am aware that by acknowledging this agreement I am waiving substantial legal rights (on my behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators and next of kin), including the giving up of my right to sue.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE ABOVE WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNITY, and have discussed the same with the minor person acknowledging herein. I am satisfied the said minor understands the waiver and release and his/her obligations as set out. In consideration of the participation of my minor child/ward I too agree to waive, release and indemnify the Releasees in the terms set out herein.
I am aware that by acknowledging this agreement I am waiving substantial legal rights, which my minor child/ward and I, our respective heirs, executors, administrators and next of kin may have against the Releasees.
I grant to KNBC and its members the right to take photographs of me in connection with the club’s activities. I agree that KNBC may use such photographs without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example, such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
I grant to KNBC the right to display my name, email, and phone number in the club membership directory. This information is exclusively available to members in the online Members Only section of the club's membership system. Should I wish to revise my information in this directory, I may do so at any time by modifying my privacy settings in my online club profile.